Tape is a white, conformable, double-coated acrylic foam tape with a high initial tack and a soft foam. Its design enables bonding of many low surface energy substrates/materials. 3M VHB Tape LSE is a white tape available in three different thicknesses with a 3M branded red siliconised polyethylene film liner.
- Double-coated acrylic foam tape
- 100% closed-cell acrylic foam
- Multi material bonding for high, medium or low surface energy substrates including many metals (e.g. stainless steel). composites and plastics (e.g. PP, PA)
- Enables bonding of many LSE substrates without primer
- Good low temperature tack
- Soft foam enables stress relaxation & an easy application
- High initial tack
- For indoor and outdoor applications
APPLICATIONS AND BENEFITS
- Capability to bond to many LSE substrates without primer makes it a good fit for applications in many industries such as plastics processing, transportation, appliances and signage
Ideal application temperature range 10 °C to 38 °C. For certain applications and substrates Tape can be applied at temperatures as low as 0 °C if the surface is frost free. Testing on application-specific substrates is recommended to confirm adhesion at temperatures
18 months from date of production when stored at 16 °C – 25 °C and 40-65 % relative humidity. Performance of tapes is not projected to change even after shelf life expires; however, Illuminations does suggest that Tapes are used prior to the shelf life date whenever possible.